Friday, February 10, 2017

P52 - Week 6 - Licensed to Learn

My dear Wonder Boy had one of those "milestone moments" this week - he received his learner's permit.


He's now officially "street legal." Right now, his dad takes him out on Sunday mornings for lessons. Plus, he's been in a class for the last month. He starts the driving portion of the class in just another week.

I have such mixed emotions about this particular milestone.

I'm proud of him, of course. I'm also petrified for him. Not because I'm worried about what he might do behind that wheel, though I would be fooling myself if I didn't admit that this wasn't at least a portion of my fear. But what TRULY digs at me is what someone ELSE could do to him.

This "letting go" part of parenthood may be the toughest part of all. I want to scream "I'M NOT READY!" But it really doesn't matter if *I* am ready. Time keeps on ticking. And the Boy believes he is ready. *sigh*

I believe in him. And I will be praying like mad every time he hits the streets. And, in time, I tool will adjust.

No comments:

Post a Comment