Wednesday, August 16, 2017

P52 - Week 33 - Be Still My Heart

I'm having one of those "mommy moments." My Wonder Boy (Wonder Guy?) is on the door step of his sophomore year of high school, tenth grade; he's also a few weeks away from turning 16 years old (& all that that entails) and my heart is all mush.


I'm excited for him and I simply LOVE watching him grow and change and ... I don't know ... EVOLVE ever more into such a fine young man. It's not that I miss the days when a kiss from mom and a chocolate chip cookie made for the BEST.DAY.EVER for him. It's not that he's filled with teenage angst. But I still find myself clutching to every possible minute with him right now.

I don't want to return to the past (though I certainly like to reflect on it on a regular basis) but I'll admit that I'm in no rush to meet the future either. I truly want to embrace this particular moment that is so ripe with possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment