Sunday, August 6, 2017

P52 - Week 32 - Barbara Manatee

Barbra Manatee (Manatee, Manatee)
You are the one for me (one for me, one for me)
Sent from up above (up above, up above)
You are the one I love (I love, I love, I love)"

This week's share is two-fold. First ... look at that sweet face!

Wonder Mutt's breeder has a new litter that has just opened their eyes and they are cute and cuddly and everything wonderful that is a new pup!

As I was going through the pictures, I kept thinking that the pups reminded me of .... I couldn't put my finger on it, but I kept thinking there was SOMETHING about these sweet little beasts that struck a chord with me.

These little guys are only a few weeks old, eyes only open about 3 days. And while they have started to move around in their little nest, on top of blankets, carpet, and one another they really don't have their "sea legs" yet. So when we brought them out on the hard wood floors, the were having a hard time getting good enough purchase to stand for more than a couple of seconds. So instead, they kind of "swam" around the living room. And that got me to thinking that their body shape, heavy in the front and tapering to the hind legs, really made them look like manatees!

And I can't even start to think about manatees without recalling the days when the Veggie Tales silly song "Barbara Manatee" was a favorite in our home! In fact, I expect to carry the melody with me for at least the rest of the day now that the thought is firmly planted in my mind. I hope you will too! And if you have never had the pleasure of hearing this little ditty ... well ... check it out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment