Thursday, March 2, 2017

P52 - Week 9 - a Texas tradition

Spring has come early to Texas. In fact, except for one weekend in January, I think we skipped winter all together this year. But regardless of what that means for the many hot months to come, an early spring means early BLUE BONNETS!


Personally, I just love seeing the roadsides draped in this particular shade of royal blue. It's my favorite color!

I'm told, however, that this obsession with blue bonnets is definitely a "Texas thing." My better half is not a native Texan and he shakes his head as I swoon over the blooms each spring. He plays along when I drag the family out for pictures amidst my favorite flower and never makes a fuss about me wanting to stop the car each time I see a good-sized patch along the roadside.

I can't help it. It's a Texas thing and I'm a Texas gal!

p.s. this snap was actually taken on March 2nd, which happens to be the anniversary of when Texas declared independence from Mexico. Happy Birthday Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment