Wednesday, January 28, 2015

28/31

Day 028: A Special Treat


Wonder Boy had an early release day from school today. On days like today, he will typically invite a buddy over for an afternoon of rough housing, Nerf guns, video games, and snacks as far as the eye can see. But unfortunately, Wonder Boy's best bud is down with a stomach bug, so we were on our own this afternoon. I asked the Boy if he wanted to change pace and run around town until we found something to occupy our time, he declined and said that he would prefer to just spend the down time playing video games on his own. But .... he did make sure that the special snacks we typically serve were still on the menu! I held up my end and made him something totally sinful (bacon cinnamon rolls), but as I was smelling all of that cinnamon scented evilness emanating from the oven, I just knew that Wonder Dad and I deserved a special treat as well. Enter these bright red jewels of awesomeness - chocolate stuffed raspberries! This is my new favorite treat! It tastes so delightful that it feels like I am cheating on my diet, but the chocolate is dark (which is allowed!) and low in sugar, so it's all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment