Sunday, June 25, 2017

P52 - Week 26 - Granny's Girls

This weekend was the annual family reunion for my dad's side of the family. Unfortunately, we didn't make it to the big gathering, but we did find the time for a Sunday-after-church lunch with some of the cousins.


Believe it or not, but I'm the "baby" of this particular group. And I spent most of my childhood trying to keep up with or be like one of these ladies. We were the first 4 born on this side of the family. Four girls in a row. Followed by 4 rowdy boys (a 5th came much later, but he's every bit as rowdy as the others)!

Oh, who am I kidding? We were ALL a rowdy crew! The second generation of the "Grassbur Hill Bunch" (our parents being the 1st gen gang).

Being a gaggle of girls, we, of course, didn't always see eye to eye. And, being the youngest of the bunch, I was probably considered a nuisance most of the time. But this group right here probably knows me better than almost anyone else in this world (my better half being the exception). I look at their faces and I see them as I always have - that part of "my circle" that will always mean home and family. It is with these folks, that are as much my friends as they are my family, that I find my feet when things get shaky.

And I hope they all know just how much they are loved!

Though I'm voting that we move the family reunion to the mountains next summer so we are not all melting on Aunt Yo's porch when we pose for pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment